Not too long ago, some details about Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red leaked. Then we learned that the characters Yasuke and Naoe Fujibayashi as Main characters will occur in-game. For example, Yasuke is a historical figure who has African roots, but later becomes a samurai. In addition to these details, there is now even more info Leaked.
These details go more into the gameplay of Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red. For example, there would be fewer map markers to encourage exploration. Since Assassin’s Creed: Origins, you can already disable this option, but it seems that Ubisoft now wants to implement this as a permanent feature.
In addition, the size of the game world will be larger than Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, but smaller than Odysse. Of course, this is still a large area and there is a good chance that we will see a large part of Japan in it. An interesting choice, since Ubisoft previously chose one, large city as the location for the game with Mirage.
A number of gameplay mechanics are also said to have already been leaked. For example, there will be a grappling hook as a tool and it will be possible to adopt different postures, including being able to crawl and walk crouched through grass. The features are as follows:
- Grapple hook tools (like Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima)
- Different stances, with the ability to go prone and crawl through grass
- Better stealth, with the player being able to make use of darkness and create dark spots to hide in the shadows
- NPCs can defend themselves a lot better than ever before
- There will be a feature that will allow the player to ‘recruit’ certain enemies to function as spies
- Naoi (the female protagonist) will wield kunai, shuriken, smoke bombs, and bells, likely suggesting she’ll be a much more agile, stealthier character than Yasuke, who historically is reported as being strong – even being adept at sumo wrestling
Finally, Ubisoft is also said to have invested heavily in the visual aspect of the game, which should make it a significant improvement graphically. A long list of details, but for now we have to wait and see if this is all correct. Nevertheless, Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red is starting to sound like a pretty unique game in the series.