CD Projekt RED Announced yesterday that they will provide Cyberpunk 2077 with a new update that comes with some new features and improvements. Through a Live Stream Earlier today, the developer revealed the details of Update 2.1.
This update will be released on Tuesday, December 5th and one of the most noteworthy points is that a metro system will be added to the game. This will allow players to travel around the city in a different way. All other important features below in the overview.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1 Features
- Adds a full NCART (Night City Area Rapid Transit) metro system to the game, allowing players to travel around Night City via public transport
- Metros can still be used as fast travel points, but actually getting on one results in a much more cinematic experience where you travel in real time, looking out of windows and engaging with NPCs
- Adds an on-person radio, or Radioport, which lets you listen to the game’s existing radio stations while exploring Night City on foot or via the metro
- The Radioport will be disabled during some quests that have specific music, and during key conversations
- The Radioport’s volume can be adjusted
- Improved boss fights, including a much more powerful Adam Smasher, who now uses his Sandevistan implant like in the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime
- Adds replayable car races that become available after finishing Claire’s questline; you can win money and vehicle discounts
- Adds a bunch of new vehicles to buy, including an open-top Porche
- You can now throw knives and axes while riding motorcycles
- Motorcycle driving has been reworked, with leans, wheelies, and tricks
- Enemy factions will now hunt you down after completing certain gigs, engaging in more vehicular battles
- Adds a new accessibility tab in the options menu, including new settings for clearer HUD visuals, and customisation for puzzle time limits
- Adds hangouts with romantic partners
It is striking that there was no mention of a New Game+ mode, even though it is in high demand. It is possible that there will be another update that introduces this feature later.